The Poet

The Poet

Monday, January 14, 2019

Love Never Lasting, A Sonnet by Ronald Porter ©2019

 Love, like honey from the rock; it pours out pure and golden.
Sugars the mouth, sparkles the eye, does the heart embolden.
Love invigorates mind and body both with joy it brings.
It brings smiles; fires my heart; raises my spirit eagle’s wings.
Love: a dawning sun, dispels night; lights life; forms an armour.
Ever rising, it’s currents uplift, gifting my hopes to soar.-
Far above this weary world, away from earthly sorrow.
Filling each day it brings promise of happiness tomorrow.
Yet Love seems ever fated to end; always much too soon
Cool of new day always give way to  searing burn of noon.
The radiant beauty found in Love’s clear crystalline light,
Evades me and then fades into the deep darkness of night.
I puzzle that love which proves  to not be everlasting
Leaves me both sadder and richer with every passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment