The Poet

The Poet

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Hard Luck Story Blues by Ron Porter ©2019

Here you come with your sad, sad, song;
telling everybody how I broke your heart.
I wasn’t the only one who done some wrong.
truth is: you got a real good head start.
Now you’re walking around all pouty,
with fallen face; looking all forlorn.
Come on now; that just the breaks.
Sometimes it breaks good;
sometimes it breaks bad.
You ain’t the only one angry, hurt and sad.


Don’t act like you gave me something so
rare and special, that I had never had.
I guess it just surprised you to find
that I could could hit and quit it;
do without it and forget it.
And never really give a shit I left it behind.


It’s not like you gave me anything
that many others never got to get.
You were no shining angel when we met.                        So you got your hard luck story;
well baby, I got mine
We can compare our love scars
over a bottle of good red wine.
But, we’ll have to that some other day
‘Cause, right now I just ain’t got the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment